Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Welcome to the beginning of the end

Hello,

Well you've certainly stumbled into the wrong section of the internet. If you've continued reading because you are either intrigued or your browser is taking too long after you've hit the back button, then welcome!

I have a big soft spot for college football, particularly FBS, although I am a big fan of the way that FCS football runs its playoff system. I've also been known to keep an eye on Division II and III when push comes to shove and I'm awaiting bowl season in December.

In fact, I even created my own ranking system, which was best explained in this "hit" article in the Eastern Echo almost ten years ago. I once received hate mail from someone in the Athletic Department who tried to argue with me that Eastern Michigan was not the worst team in the country despite being one of two winless teams that season.

It's these unpopular viewpoints that I wish to share on this blog. Where else will you see Florida Atlantic ranked ahead of LSU? Essentially nothing should be taken seriously and the preseason rankings are based on last year's rankings and an average of what they are ranked in other publications to establish what I believe is a reasonable ranking that favors the Group of 5.

What will come next is a flurry of conference reviews before things really get started on Thursday. I was already hyped for opening kickoff that I most certainly spent too much time engaged in last weeks Wyoming and New Mexico State tilt as well as the offensive showdown in Ft. Collins between Colorado State and Hawai'i.

Here's a taste of the preseason top 25 and the bottom 10 as well. Hope you enjoy.


1.)Alabama Crimson Tide
2.)Georgia Bulldogs
3.)Clemson Tigers
4.)Ohio State Buckeyes
5.)Wisconsin Badgers
6.)Oklahoma Sooners
7.)Penn State Nittany Lions
8.)UCF Golden Knights
9.)Miami Hurricanes
10.)Boise State Broncos
11.)Michigan State Spartans
12.)Notre Dame Fighting Irish
13.)Washington Huskies
14.)USC Trojans
15.)Auburn Tigers
16.)TCU Horned Frogs
17.)Florida Atlantic Owls
18.)Stanford Cardinals
19.)Mississippi State Bulldogs
20.)Virginia Tech Hokies
21.)Oklahoma State Cowboys
22.)South Carolina Gamecocks
23.)Michigan Wolverines
24.)LSU Tigers
25.)Northwestern Wildcats

121.) Hawai'i Rainbow Warriors (Clearly they had a message for their haters against CSU.)
122.) Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
123.) Ball State Cardinals
124.) San Jose State Spartans
125.) Kent State Golden Flashes
126.) Rice Owls
127.) Texas State Bobcats
128.) Charlotte 49ers
129.) Liberty Flames
130.) UTEP Miners

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pool Poll Final Rankings: Indiana Sits atop the Final Top 25 Poll

Fernando Mendoza is a Heisman Trophy winner and a National Champion.      The season is finally over, and the Indiana Hoosiers have been cro...